Breadalbane Academy Parent Council Meeting
Wednesday 30 March 2022
6.30pm – 8.30pm
The meeting will take place online, using the Zoom platform. Please enter the URL below into your browser:
You will not require a password.
- Welcome, introductions & apologies
- Matters arising from the February 2022
- School to update on Dunkeld bus situation raised by Jess Pepper.
- Approve the minutes of the January and February 2022 meetings
- Headteacher’s report
- Is the school ready to welcome Ukrainian refugees?
- Funding for the Comrie Croft trip
- Update from mental health and wellbeing sub-group
- Update from bullying sub-group
- Update from playground-renovation sub-group
- Treasurer’s update — status and amount of ring-fenced funds.
- Funding for NSPCC child safeguarding courses for office holders
- Update on proposed joint meeting with Pitlochry Highschool
- Time & date of next meeting
Meeting notes can be found below for Mays parent council meeting (primary and senior)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL NEWSLETTER >>>>>>>> 202007081503_ParentCouncilNewsletter
We’ve set ourselves the goal of doubling the number of parents who’ve ‘liked’ the parent council Facebook page, from 135 to 270, by the end of the year.
Will you help us hit this target? It will only take a minute or two. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the parent council Facebook page.
Go to www.facebook.com. On the left-hand side, under the heading PAGES, click on the words ‘Breadalbane Academy Parent Council’ — outlined in red in the screenshot below.
2. Click on ‘Invite friends to like this page’.
Now you’re on the parent council Facebook page, look for ‘Invite friends to like this page’ (left-hand side; near the top — see screenshot). When you find these words, click on them.
3. Choose who to invite.
A pop-up window will open, showing all your Facebook friends. Scroll through the list and invite any parents of Breadalbane pupils to like the parent council Facebook page.
And that’s all you need to do. It will take 2 minutes, and will really help us make sure more parents are informed, and have a chance to participate. Thank you for your help!
The school’s catchment area is approximately 1000 square miles. See page 4 of the school handbook.
Do you have kids at the school but live outside Aberfeldy? The school catchment area covers roughly 1000 square miles. As a parent council, we want to make sure we serve all parents — not just the ones who live close to the school.
Do we need to make more effort to include parents from outside Aberfeldy? There are a number of things we could do. For example:
- Better publicise meetings so that parents who live further away have time to make any arrangements necessary for them to attend.
- Look at using technology — for instance video conferencing — to make the parent council more accessible.
- Have reps or sub-groups in Dunkeld and Pitlochry, who report their parents’ concerns and priorities to the parent council.
- Take the parent council on the road and have some meetings in other parts of the catchment area.
What do you think? Let us know either by leaving a comment below or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the news from the school, including:
- Pupils win prizes for fencing and kayaking.
- Children raise £2,400 for worthy causes.
- S3 visits the Scottish Parliament.
- And more…
Download the newsletter.
Check it out, the school’s on Twitter. Click on the link below or search for the handle @BreadalbaneAcad.
Welcome to the new website of the Breadalbane Academy Parent Council. We’re going to be posting lots of information here. So to keep up with everything that’s happening with the council, the school and the wider school community, bookmark this page!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.